For the most up-to-date information, check out our news and updates below.
Due to the temporary closure of Red Door Marketplace, retail items are now available for purchase at Browne. Candy, toiletries, coffee, and other novelties are among our retail offerings. If there is something you would like us to carry, please let us know!
In an effort to create the safest environment possible for the community, we have implemented additional precautions in our two operating units. Those precaution include:
- Posting of CDC signage reminding guests to practice good hygiene
- Napkin dispensers to access self serve beverage buttons
- Temporary suspension of the Bring Your Own Mug program
- Only staff-served full-service entree stations - no self-serve options
- Bechtel open kitchen will offer individually packaged items in lieu of self-serve options
- Food options are limited (no dine in but offering take out)
- Six-feet spacing requirements and signage posted
- Face mask requirements for all CDS team members and guests
- Additional Sanitizer Stations placed throughout dining locations
- Plexiglass enclosures at all food stations and checkouts
While sanitation is always a priority, we have implemented more policies to offer an even cleaner environment including:
- Door handles sanitized every 30 minutes
- Use of Purell Food-service Surface Sanitizer
- Additional, repeated instruction to staff of proper sanitation & personal hygiene practices
Meet Gabriel Valencia! Gabriel has worked at Caltech for 21 years and is an Operations Manager. Gabriel manages an array of things for CDS from catering to Red Door to building Midnight Madness stages and props. Gabriel started his career as a dishwasher at the Athenaeum and never left! His favorite food at Caltech would have to be fried plantains. Outside of work, you can find Gabriel painting, drawing, building, or sipping some espresso.
CDS is involved in many initiatives across campus. From partnering with Caltech's sustainability department to GSC to put on the semi-annual Caltech community art show, CDS is dedicated to play a role in the community development of the Caltech family.